Posts Tagged ‘New York’
Posted in @TruckerDesiree, tagged Congress, Hope Rivenburg, HR2156, Infrastructure, Jason Rivenburg, Logistics, Murder, New York, Parking, Paul Tonko, S971, safety, Senator, South Carolina, Supply Chain, Transportation, truckers, Trucking, US Bill on October 30, 2009 | Leave a Comment »
Posted in "Jason's Law" HR 2156, tagged Appomattox, Bullying, Children, Cornyn, Fox News, Highway, Hope, HR2156, Infrastructure, Jason, Jason's Law, Murder, Murdered, New York, News, Organizations, Patriots, Paul Tonko, Politics, Rest Area, Rivenburg, safety, Senator, South Carolina, Stalkers, Traveling with Pets, truckers, Trucking, Twitter, VDOT, Virginia, Washington D.C., Widow on June 5, 2009 | 1 Comment »
“Jason’s Law” what is it?
Well, a funny thing happened to me on the way through Virginia mid March 2009.
I was “tweeting” one afternoon, minding my own business when I looked at my PDA Twitter Screen and it asked me, “What are you doing?” I replied: “I’m at a fuel stop in Max Meadows, Virginia”
Well, low and behold I got a barrage of @Replies from Tweeples commenting about Virginia and the very hot topic of VDOT closing rest areas.
I didn’t have the time or the knowledge BUT, I did need to find a spot to park for the night so I agreed to comment the following day and document what I saw & what I heard that night.
The following day I sent a series of emails and pictures to whoever could use the information better than I could to help raise awareness that what VDOT was proposing was a serious public safety issue.
“Queen of the Road” ~ Dan Rather Investigative Report on Truck Driver Training
- RT @WomenTruckers: National Weather Service Map of Current Severe Storm Patterns #weather fb.me/2m3xC6r6Y 8 hours ago
- RT @WomenTruckers: Tornado Makes Direct Hit on Elementary School in Oklahoma #Tornados #Weather fb.me/vimW0QWy 8 hours ago
- RT @WomenTruckers: The WomenTruckers Daily is out! paper.li/WomenTruckers/… ▸ Top stories today via @TruckerDesiree @DateSafeProject 8 hours ago
- lnkd.in/fgU873 Thanks for the invite, As a truck driver I think it is important to include drivers in this group to get their... 20 hours ago
- RT @WomenTruckers: 10 Most Dangerous Jobs: #9. Job: Truck drivers Median annual salary: $38,200 #Trucking #Jobs #CDLTraining #Labor http://… 22 hours ago
TagsAmerican Trucking Association ATA Bullying CDL CDL Training Covenant Transport CRST Dallas Dan Rather dogs EEOC Ellen Voie Facebook Freight Harrassment HR2156 Infrastructure Jason's Law Logistics Murder OOIDA Parking Paul Tonko Politics Rape Rivenburg safety Security Senator Sexual Harassment Social Media Students Supply Chain TA Texas Transportation Traveling with Pets truckers Trucking Twitter Violence Washington D.C. Women Women in Trucking Women Truckers
Networked Blogs on Facebook