Posts Tagged ‘New York’
Posted in @TruckerDesiree, tagged Congress, Hope Rivenburg, HR2156, Infrastructure, Jason Rivenburg, Logistics, Murder, New York, Parking, Paul Tonko, S971, safety, Senator, South Carolina, Supply Chain, Transportation, truckers, Trucking, US Bill on October 30, 2009 | Leave a Comment »
Posted in "Jason's Law" HR 2156, tagged Appomattox, Bullying, Children, Cornyn, Fox News, Highway, Hope, HR2156, Infrastructure, Jason, Jason's Law, Murder, Murdered, New York, News, Organizations, Patriots, Paul Tonko, Politics, Rest Area, Rivenburg, safety, Senator, South Carolina, Stalkers, Traveling with Pets, truckers, Trucking, Twitter, VDOT, Virginia, Washington D.C., Widow on June 5, 2009 | 1 Comment »
“Jason’s Law” what is it?
Well, a funny thing happened to me on the way through Virginia mid March 2009.
I was “tweeting” one afternoon, minding my own business when I looked at my PDA Twitter Screen and it asked me, “What are you doing?” I replied: “I’m at a fuel stop in Max Meadows, Virginia”
Well, low and behold I got a barrage of @Replies from Tweeples commenting about Virginia and the very hot topic of VDOT closing rest areas.
I didn’t have the time or the knowledge BUT, I did need to find a spot to park for the night so I agreed to comment the following day and document what I saw & what I heard that night.
The following day I sent a series of emails and pictures to whoever could use the information better than I could to help raise awareness that what VDOT was proposing was a serious public safety issue.
“Queen of the Road” ~ Dan Rather Investigative Report on Truck Driver Training
- The Trucker Desiree Daily is out! paper.li/TruckerDesiree… Stories via @askthetrucker 9 hours ago
- OSHA Finds New Prime, Inc. Placed False Info. on Driver's DAC Report via @AsktheTrucker @TruckersJustice ow.ly/29cXg7 #trucking 15 hours ago
- Is the Driver Shortage Creating Negligent Hiring Among Carriers? Via @AsktheTrucker ow.ly/29cWfX #cdltraining #trucking 15 hours ago
- The 20 Most Powerful Women of 2013 ow.ly/29cgOB #women 22 hours ago
- Navistar Loses $154M in 4th Qtr Mostly Due to 2010 Engine Warranty Claims via @OerdriveUpdate ow.ly/29cfZW #trucking #business 22 hours ago
- "truck driver shortage" American Trucking Association ATA Bullying California CDL CDL Training Congress Covenant Transport CRST CRST Van Expedited DAC Dallas Dan Rather dogs EEOC Ellen Voie Facebook Female Feminist Freight government Green Harrassment Heartworms Highway highways HR2156 ice Illinois Infrastructure Jason Jason's Law Jason Rivenburg Logistics Murder NATSO News New York Ohio OOIDA Organizations Parking Paul Tonko Pets Politics Rape Rivenburg safety Security Senator Sexual Harassment Sexual Harrasment Social Media social media experiment South Carolina student Students Supply Chain TA Texas Transportation Traveling with Pets Trucker Desiree truckers Trucking trucks Twitter VDOT Violence Washington D.C. WIT Women Women in Trucking Women Truckers
Networked Blogs on Facebook